The reflections and introspections of Tim Nardoni: Father, Husband, and Lover.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ink

If you're like me, you've been thinking a lot about actor Stephen Baldwin lately. The Usual Suspects. Bio-Dome (co-starring alongside the world's most underappreciated comic actor, Pauly Shore). The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas. You know who I mean.

I've also been listening to a lot of podcasts. They're a type of radio show that everyday people make by recording themselves on their computer and uploading the result to a website. I use iPodder software to subscribe to these podcasts, and they're downloaded to my laptop automatically so that I can listen to them in my car.

Ryan Dobson is the son of Focus on the Family founder, Dr. James Dobson. Like his dad, Ryan is a speaker and an author, but with a slightly different target audience. He appeals more to the skater culture. I guess you could say that Ryan is a more "X-Treme" version of James. He is totally rad, bro.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I want to get a tattoo.

Ryan has an excellent podcast, called Undone. One of his guests was Stephen Baldwin, who was discussing his new skater ministry called RULI. (No, I'm not joshing you.) Ryan interviewed Stephen at Sid's Tattoo Parlor while Stephen was getting some new "ink". A later Undone podcast interviewed the owner of the tattoo parlor, Sid Stankovits. I checked out Sid's website, and it was all over. I'm totally going to get a tat.

So the big question is this: What should the artwork be? A picture of Sandra? Something that will show the world how much I love Jesus? I need your suggestions. Here are some examples from Sid's Tattoo Parlor to inspire you. Also, check out the amazing works of body-art at the Christian Tattoo Association.

(PS - I've received many emails asking for a report about the amusement park protest. My lawyer has advised me not to speak publicly about it until the trial is over.)

8 Comments:

Blogger bloggirl said...

Timothy, I'm a HUGE fan of yours. But really...isn't there some sort of law that you can't give blood for X amount of time after getting inked? I'm just worried that this will cause you great feelings of anguish that you are out of commission for so long, unable to get the blood sucked out of you for the common good. How about a nice temporary tattoo? Or I can come over and use my multi-colored Sharpies (R) to give you a unique and memorable mark.

Just a suggestion.

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

My suggestion, skip the tattoo and get that third nipple removed. Eww!

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Sandra said...

But I like his third nipple...

2:57 PM

 
Anonymous Randy said...

A friend of mine got a tattoo in college on a whim. We were discussing it a while back and he told me the three things that he says to people considering getting one.

1. Spend a couple of months researching and picking out the artwork.

2. Once you've decided on the artwork, post someplace where you have to look at it every day, and continue to look at it for a few more months just to be sure that you're not going to get sick of it.

3. Don't get the tattoo.

Think this through, buddy boy. Tattoos are *forever*.

--Randy

12:34 PM

 
Blogger jwh said...

u r a total goob

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Erin Nicole said...

come on tim!!!! I can't be the only one in the family that is going against the norm. get that tattoo man! and while your at it, get something on your face peirced too. we can have our own club: family members who defy their elders! YES!!! :)

10:16 AM

 
Blogger :TiM. said...

Yeah. ACE.

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Chad P. Shepherd said...

Hey, I was wondering if you have your first tatt yet? Don't listen to all those naysayers and girly-men. You aren't the type of person who would make a fast choice and later regret it. You have thought this thing through and you need to go for it. I have: my last name in Aramaic, an early egyptian shepherd symbol, a tree, and a symbol for each of my children. Go for it man, no regrets.

6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home